Monday, May 14, 2012

Bye Bye Chibi Lolita...

Hello everyone! Yes, I have completely changed my blog AGAIN. But I have a really valid reason for doing it this time, I promise.

Recently I've been worrying, stressing, and fighting with myself over my Etsy shop. I loved the items that are there, but they just don't seem like they fit together. You can't just throw a bunch of cute handmade items together and think they will eventually mesh together. So, I finally did what I started fretting over 2 months ago - changed the name of my Etsy shop ChibiLolita.

I love that name! It was the very first name I came up with when I decided to open a shop. But, I don't think it was the best name to pick. I love the Japanese culture and wanted to pay homage to it by naming my shop ChibiLolita, which means "small girl". In the end, I think this name hurt me since most of the shoppers on Etsy have no idea what ChibiLolita even means. 

As you guys know, lately I've been doing a lot of creating with polymer clay - it's my new "craft love". I've decided to dedicate my whole Etsy shop to my clay creations to create a cohesive atmosphere in my shop. You ready for the name? A GIRL AND HER CLAY! Pretty simple name, but it's easy to recognize, understand, remember, and from a glance you can tell what will be in my shop.

Since I changed the name of my Etsy shop, that meant I had to change my Facebook page, my twitter username and last but not least, my blog name. I had a blog previously on WordPress called "CrazyBeautifulUnique" where I just talked about whatever. I want to do that with this blog also. I'm not associating this blog with my Etsy shop like I did with "Chibi Lolita's All Kinds of Cute". This blog will be about me, my life, my crafts, my cooking, my stories, my whatever I want to talk about. That freedom feels so amazing!

I hope you guys will still follow me, leave comments, and have a good time while you're here. Let's continue to grow together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment