Monday, May 7, 2012

Photo A Day Challenge - Day 7 "Someone That Inspires You"


Good evening cuties! Here is my picture of "someone that inspires me". Now, I know that some of you are thinking, "How in the world does a cat inspire someone?". Well, I have a heart breaking and heart warming story to tell you...then maybe you'll understand.

When we first got Oreo (the cat above) it wasn't hard at all for my husband and I to open up our hearts and home to him. He was so lovable, sweet, cuddly, and playful. About 2 weeks after we had him we noticed that his playful side was turning into more of mischief, so we would let him outside to burn off this energy. One Sunday morning, we let him outside to play thinking he'll be back in a couple of hours like usual. That wasn't the case this time.

About one o'clock in the morning, our dog starts barking to let us know that someone or something is outside. My husband goes to check and finds Oreo lying underneath his car scared to come to him. When he finally emerges from underneath the car, we discover that he's bleeding and injured in the face. With it being so late, we decide to take him to the vet the next morning, which my husband does. Later on that night, the vet calls to tell us exactly what happend - and neither one of us was prepared for it.

The vet tells us that someone shot our cat in the face at point blank range. The bullet shattered his left jaw into 27 pieces that traveled down beside his throat and lodged into his left shoulder. We were flabbergasted! He never looked like he had been shot - never crossed our minds. He had to have surgery to remove the pieces of jaw and to reattach the jaw. He went through a lot!

Now, the reason he inspires me - He never changed! From the moment he came home injured down to today, he still purrs, wants to love on you, cuddle with you, play with you, and hunt. He brings us field mice all the time. Oreo taught me that even when horrible things happen, don't lose yourself. Still be lovable, happy, joyful, playful...anything that's YOU. That is how my cat inspires me :)

Later cuties :)

No comments:

Post a Comment