Sunday, April 15, 2012

Goodwill Mud Run 2012

Hello cuties! Yesterday I witnessed something completely amazing! My husband and 3 of his friends competed in the Goodwill Mud Run that was held in Greenville, SC. For those who don't know what it is, like I didn't, it is a 35 obstacle course that is based on military drills. They had to crawl under barbed wire, climb walls, run for miles, trek through a creek that was waist-deep and other tough obstacles. There was even a smaller one for the kids to run through. My husband and his team finished in 48 minutes. I was so very proud of them!
The guys before the Mud Run. My hubby is the cute blonde in the back with the shades on  :)

What really impressed me though was the turn out that was there yesterday. Teams were lining up to endure this grueling obstacle course all for charity. It was amazing and I'm sure the money that was collected was incredible!   I was so moved that I'm planning on running it next year. Guess I better start training for it now. Here are a few pictures of my husband and his team before the Mud Run and after. Oh yeah...they are completely covered in mud from head to toe. I'll also post a link to the Goodwill Mud Run website in case anyone wants to learn more about it. Later cuties :)

Goodwill Mud Run - http://greenvillemudrun.org/ there are links at the bottom of the page to look at photos and information

Jacob, my husband, showing off his team number 281
This is the last "clean" picture I took of him before the Mud Run
This is another team that we knew doing the first obstacle of the Mud Run
...and here are the guys afterwards in all their muddy glory!

4 comments:

  1. Wow....I had no idea this existed. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't know either until he told he was doing it. From what I saw, cause there are parts you can't, I'm definitely doing it next year.

      Delete
  2. This race looks sooo fun! Although I prefer to be clean 99% of the time, running through the mud sounds amazing, and a much more entertaining way to exercise.

    Hope you have a great week!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! I like being clean, but if I have a reason to get head to toe dirty, I'm all on it.

      Delete